Hiring Senior Protein Scientist
We are seeking a senior protein scientist with significant experience in expressing and working with a range of protein targets. You will join the growing team developing our enzymatic DNA synthesis technology, based in the Cambridge Science Park. To thrive in this role you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, independent, willing to take on responsibility, and excited to engage with the team to solve important technical challenges.
We are looking for a highly driven individual to:
- Play a key role in driving forwards the biochemical aspects of Nuclera’s technology
- Lead, coordinate and perform Nuclera’s protein engineering efforts
- Generate core protein components for our technology
- Troubleshoot protein expression and purification in bacterial expression systems
- Undertake rigorous QC analysis of generated proteins.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in related areas such as chemistry, biochemistry or molecular biology
- Have experience with protein purification systems, such as ÄKTA systems
- Be familiar with analytical techniques, such as SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Efficiently perform molecular biology tasks, such as PCR and cloning
- Work closely with a small and multidisciplinary scientific team
- Experience and knowledge in protein engineering and polymerase engineering will be advantageous.
Candidates must be entitled to work in the UK. Nuclera Nucleics Ltd. is a licensed sponsor for a Tier 2 visa.
Please contact us or e-mail your CV to email@example.com