Facilities and H & S
- Supports with the management of all onsite facilities and office-based services.
- Oversee weekly health and safety checks.
- Carry out risk assessments and maintenance checks across the offices, laboratories and engineering workshop ensuring that our all our employees’ workspace is safe and fit for purpose.
- Resolving problems arising from your inspections of the premises and co-ordinate any works needed to be done.
- Managing of contractors and suppliers as required implementing and ensuring contractors adhere to the Permit to Work system.
- Managing onsite security including issuing and cancellation of all security ID passes and administration of our alarm system.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping is achieved throughout the premises.
- Be trained and act as a Lead First Aider and Fire Warden.
- Actively engaged in the planning of office and laboratory spaces
- Manage the procurement functions to ensure the right items are purchased at the right price and on a timely basis.
- Review and evaluate suppliers to ensure best price are secured through due diligence and best practice.
- Be agile in learning new applications as the company grow and new systems are being introduced.
- Act as point of contact for all goods delivery and ensure the order recipients are made aware of the delivery.
- Manage storage of goods in the store to ensure tidiness and manage the re-stocking of Consumables where appropriate.
- Asset Management of all IT equipment.
- Ensure new joiners are equipped for onboarding.
- Ensure equipment and other items are collected from leavers for off boarding.
- 3 to 5 years in facilities and Health and Safety Management or a willingness to be trained as an H & S competent Person.
- 1 to 2 experience store management and procurement
- Good IT skills
- Previously trained First Aider
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification e.g IOSH
- Recognised Purchasing or Procurement qualifications (e.g. SIPS)
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new tasks
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- EMI-approved Option Scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks in the office
- Access to amenities from the Cambridge Science Park
Please apply via this link: