The Surface Chemist will join the instrumentation department at
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing R&D team and to expand the candidate’s repertoire beyond conventional academic surface-chemistry pursuits.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and building innovative surfaces, surface coatings, and characterizing those surfaces using sound scientific methods; this may involve some synthesis of new compounds
- Playing a lead role in surface and polymer chemistry
- Testing surfaces in the laboratory using direct and indirect measures of binding, uniformity, stability, compatibility, etc.
- Working with microfluidic engineers to develop
Nuclera'sbenchtop DNA synthesis device
- A PhD in surface chemistry or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years’ direct experience with creating and characterising new surfaces
- Demonstrated ability to design, conduct and analyse practical experiments
Desirable qualifications and skills
- Liquid-handling and microfluidics background
- Experience with surface measurement methods like XPS (ESCA),
ramanspectroscopy, microscopy, profilometry, etc.
- Some theoretical and practical knowledge of the chemistry of biological macromolecules
- The ability and desire to work alongside life scientists and engineers in a team
- Ability to be creative and work independently when required
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative mentality
- Attention to detail and good manual dexterity